The Fairfax County zoning staff has recommended approval of the rezoning and cluster development of Brooks Farm, between Springvale Road and Walker Road in Great Falls. GFCA members voted in May 2015 to oppose the cluster rezoning and recommended homes be developed on five-acre lots, with adequate environmental controls.
Next week, there will be two important meetings on the fate of this 50 acre property. We encourage your attendance and comments at these important sessions:
- Supervisor John Foust is holding a public meeting next Tuesday, Jan 19, at 7:00pm at the Great Falls Elementary School. The developer will present its most recent proposal and the floor will be open for community questions and comments. Supervisor Foust is holding the meeting to inform the community and to hear more from Great Falls residents about their opinions and concerns.
- Fairfax County Planning Commission is holding a public hearing next Thursday, Jan 21, at 8:30 pm in the Board Auditorium of the Fairfax County Government Center, 12000 Government Center Parkway in Fairfax. At this hearing, the commission will take comments from the developer and the public preparatory to making a decision at a later date. Its recommendation to the Board of Supervisors will carry weight with the supervisors. Speakers should register in advance here: www.fairfaxcounty.gov/planning/speaker.htm
(Application #: RZ 2014-DR-022). No registration is required if you simply attend the hearing.
- Written comments are also sought. You may provide written comments to the Planning Commission either:
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- by letter to Fairfax County Planning Commission, Government Center, 1200 Government Center Parkway, Suite 330, Fairfax, VA 22035.
In your communication, we advise you ask that your email or letter be distributed to all commissioners.
The Fairfax County staff report can be found at the following link:
Consolidated Staff Report for Brooks Rezoning - RZ 2014-DR-022.pdf