The public is invited to GFCA's upcoming program focusing on issues facing senior citizens. The Seminar for Savvy Seniors and their Families will be held on Saturday December 1st from 10 AM to noon at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 10550 Georgetown Pike. (Park in the lot behind the church, and enter the building there.)
The seminar will feature a range of speakers, a panel discussion, questions from the audience, and a social time afterward for personal discussions with the speakers. Light refreshments will be served.
The meeting is designed so that senior citizens can learn about options in Great Falls that may help them to age in place in their own homes. The meeting also provides an opportunity for families to learn about issues that they can help their parents deal with and what resources are available.
- Welcome: Bill Canis, GFCA President
- Fairfax County’s Seniors programs: Dranesville Supervisor John Foust
- Remarks/presentations followed by a panel discussion:
- Carol Blackwell, Great Falls Senior Center
- Carol Edelstein, Shepherd’s Center of Great Falls
- Toni Reinhart, Dementia Friendly America
- Grace Lynch, Fairfax County Division of Adult & Aging Services
- Karen McPhail, Eldementals
- Stan Corey, retired financial planner and author of a new book on how to manage seniors issues
- Questions and social time