This resource center is created to provide helpful information to Great Falls senior citizens on topics interesting or unique about living an active and vital life in Great Falls.
Ageing in Place
GFCA held a TownHall meeting in December 2018 during which several speakers addressed certain concerns typical for seniors ageing in place. Their topics and presentations can be downloaded here:
- Benefits of Care Management. Karen McPhail presented provides ‘how to’ planning for many aspects of retirement and aging in place.
- Dementia. Toni Reinhart of Dementia Friendly America discusses how this national organization provides caregiving for residents with dementia. A Great Falls chapter may soon be formed.
- Fairfax County Older Adult Services. County staffer Grace Lynch summarizes a range of county programs including a generall phone number for more information.
- Education and Social Programs. Carol Blackwell of the Great Falls Senior Center describes their
educational programs for seniors throughout the year.
- Senior Transportation. Carol Edelstein of the Shepherd's Center of Great Falls discusses the problems of transportation - especially for non-drivers - and describes the free transportation program provided by SCGF.